Thursday, February 5, 2009

15 Days to Go

OK, I've been a blog slacker. But just two weeks to go - hello little person! I've been buying all the bit things on the list (after I was spoilt with lots of presents from friends :-) ), and I threw in a bottle of gripe water while at PnP just in case. I tried to see on the scan on Monday if there's a boy/girl kicking in there but it was all grey blobs and white squiggles to me. We don't want to know beforehand, but I'm so curious.

Dirk is working himself into a stupor (he's doing about three people's jobs... long dramatic stories at the Hermanus Times), but I still show very little solidarity when it comes to dog chores... if you don't have time for a dog... So I won't try to cram in all the news, but I'll just add a few photos.

Cousins at Christmas

Aimee with her Barbie car

Dirk and the kids

Dirk finally overcame my clinging-mom syndrome and got me to leave the kids with some friends for a night. He took me off to a guest house in Tamboerskloof in Cape Town for the weekend. Great idea, Dirk! Thanks for a wonderful time. When we went to pick up the kids, I barely got a hug before they were off playing again. Clive and Helen gave them a treat of a stay. (I'm just glad I didn't have to de-hook the fish Daniel caught!)

Dirk at the guest house

A very pregnant me at the guest house

Aimee's latest excuse for not sleeping - my nails are too long to sleep!

Here're some photos of Daniel's birthday. How can my little boy be six already? When did this happen?

2 comments:

Ramblingroses said...

Great family pics - especially of all the cousins - and another on the way. The beginning of a new journey - pray safe arrival and a generous dollop of wisdom and energy for parents X3.

Love Jill and Mike.

PS: Hope there will still be time to blog!

Kim said...

Fab photo's Jeanie....you are looking gorgeously preggers by the way!

Good for Dirk taking you away like that...sounds like you had a great time.
X
PS I have another blog that is less scrap & more chat.
Here is the link: http://kim-watson.blogspot.com