Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Onrus

These are photos of Onrus beach (I didn't take them).

I heard a story on the radio about how dogs are good for your health. They are supposed to boost your immune system and lower your blood pressure. Ha! Not our dogs - if anything, they are sending me towards cardiac arrest with the heightened blood pressure they cause me. Just a minor example- yesterday, Joan and her two little kids came for tea. Oscar was a complete pain and kept knocking the poor chaps over. To the garage for you next time, my boy!

On The Evening Standard web site I came across this story-

Five things to do daily (well,almost daily) for happiness:

1- Connect with people
2- Do something new
3- Exercise
4- Appreciate your natural surroundings
5- Do something to help someone else

I went for a walk this morning with Mara down to Onrus beach and then we stopped for a pit-stop at the Wild Duck on the way back. (Being pregnant has it's perks; I didn't have to press on regardless.) It was one of those blue-sky days of perfection. I came back feeling full and content, so maybe there is some truth encapsulated in the five points above. I had points 1, 3 and 4 all rolled into one happiness-inducing moment. Not that I think happiness is a formula, but it was a good morning none-the-less. I love living in Onrus.

1 comment:

Jesse Mendez said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog and found it interesting! I have an art blog here in San Diego and would like to invite you to visit and enjoy and comment.

I hope you are up to it? Thank you and I hope to see you soon =)