Thursday, June 19, 2008

Excursion

Sulette, Rose & Di

Bev & Sally

Lauren & Dani

Christine, Lauren & Dani

Me & Sulette

Sally

Today, eight of us drove over to Hout Bay to give Di a birthday surprise. The Cape winter is in top gear, so it rained all day - good kaggel weather. Driving in the rain is one of my favourite experiences, just not if I'm actually doing the driving. I get a little tense, to say the least. But the good company in the car more than made up for that. It was funny, though, to see big heads and not little ones in my rear-view mirror.

We had our coffee at Suikerbossie up in the mountain as you go over to Llundudno. Our friends, Dave and Kascha, had their wedding there some years ago. Lots of memories of those two popped into my mind - what first-class people they are!

At the table today, the ages ranged from 22 to 50-something. I love that women from four different decades can get together for a laugh.

I picked the kids up from Sam's place to find Daniel vasgenaal voor die Playstation. I feel a slippery slope here. He was already asking me on the way home to buy him one. But it afforded Sam and I a quiet moment to sit and have tea. (Thanks to Sam for watching the kids for a bit!)

No comments: