Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Aches

I woke up on Tuesday morning full of aches. I played squash for the first time in over 6 years on Monday evening - and against someone 12 years younger than I who loved little drop shots. I wasn't about to exert my old bones that much to storm down the court to retrieve those. But I won! Yay! I'm suffering for it though. The one racket we were playing with must be close on 20 years-old; just three years shy of my opponent.

We've managed to avoid most of the power cuts of the last while, but this afternoon there was a splutter and then we were cut off. It was down until almost 7:30... oops, just gone of again as I type... apparently, there's a transformer problem. But two little people were most perturbed by the dark house and silence. I whisked them off to bed early, and sat in their room around a candle until they dozed.

No comments: