Thursday, April 17, 2008

I finally decided on a school for the kids. It was more by default than anything, but it's turning out OK - so far. It's only been three days. Aimee has already become Miss Mulberry Bush and has made a soul-mate friend whose name she doesn't remember. Daniel is a little more cautious in checking out the scene, but he seems happy enough.

Yesterday evening we drove through to Cape Town to attend one of the Michael Eaton Bible Week talks at Common Ground Church. I was amazed how many people from Hermanus came through. I don't want to exaggerate, but I think there could have been about 40 to 50 of us. When we lived in Stellenridge, the trip down the highway to the Southern Suburbs was usually too much; now we adventure over the mountains late at night.

The kids and I had coffee with Sally at the Deli yesterday, and today I met Helen there for the same. The waitress immediately asked, "No children today?" I think she was hugely relieved as my lot were far from their best behaviour yesterday. I'm trying to get a pic of our favourite babysitter (although there's lots more to Sally than babysitting!) but she avoids all attempts at photos. I'll have to sneak one in for the blog.

Thought: do I hate dirty floors more than I hate vacuuming? It's a toss-up, but I think clean floors win.

1 comment:

Kim Watson { KJ-Starre} said...

Popped in to say HI!!! Boy I am impressed at how motivated you guys all were....I am so happy for you guys that church is GOOD! We are also on the look out for a new church...maybe we should visit Common ground again!

Hugs for you all.
XX