Friday, February 8, 2008

Yay for Friday

Not even half the parents turned out for the parents' meeting at Bosko School this week. I slinked in and tried to hide away at the back because electing the parents' forum was on the agenda and I was not at all keen. When it came time for nominations, they looked around for someone from the pre-school side, and Helen yelled out, "Jeannie's here". Thanks, friend. So I was duly added to the list. Thankfully, there was another parent from the little one's class, so I 'graciously' stepped aside and offered her the position.

Other than that riveting evening, the week has been slow. Today I helped at the tuck shop - see, I do my bit for the school! Helen is Mrs Bosko-Tuck-Shop but she's trying to shift the mantel onto me. I fear she may wear me down soon. Oh, well. She did take me out for koffie-en-koek afterwards as a sort of birthday treat. The ricotta cheese cake was truly yummy.

Right now, I'm doing my best to ignore the barney in the lounge, "Mommy! Daniel bit my hair!" Can't imagine why he would do that. Just two tired kids, I guess.

1 comment:

Dali De Vynck said...

Hi Jeannie!!! Thanks for that comment! Baby is due to... can you believe it?... two weeks after Leon's birthday, August the 30th. I'm very excited because my first appointment with midwife, including a dating scan, will be next week, Wed! No, we won't find out if it's a boy or girl until he/she's out. How exciting! Hans is calling the baby "his girl"... Let's not label the poor child before is born, ha?
Love,
Dali, tired and nauseous, but very happy!