Monday, January 21, 2008

Small Town Life



Day one of the fast is over. Dirk is passed out on the couch complaining of nausea and a vicious headache. I think he's fallen asleep now which is the worst thing as he'll wake up at 2:30 a.m in his sweaty day clothes and still needing to brush his teeth. Fasting is always good in retrospect. Three days to go.

For someone who is not a beachy sort, I've been spending quite a bit of time down there. Today was just too good a weather day to pass up a beach visit. We bumped into Sam with her two kids, Josh and Jessie, on the beach. Sam makes it the sixth person I've bumped into today. That's small town life for you. We endured the miffie smell of the lagoon (sorry Hermanus-Times-letter-guy, the estuary, I mean) long enough for the kids to get hungry and tired.Eskom's back-up plan on the way.

3 comments:

Dali De Vynck said...

Jeanny, you should be glad to bump into so many people a day. I often go through a whole week when the only "known" people I bump into are Hans, Leon and our flatmates!
And we do live in a small town, just different kind of people! :)

Five-Browns said...

Fish Hoek is a lot like that, I cant go ANYWHERE without bumping into people. To top it off, I went to school here so am forever seeing old classmates!

KJ-Starre said...

Well, I never bump into anyone hahaha! Most of my friends have moved or gone overseas!

I can't get over how straight Amie's [spelling I know] hair is...flip she is a cutie!!! (just like her Mama :o)

x