Sunday, January 6, 2008

Party Stress

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm longing for a little Sunday sleep, but sadly, that is a thing of the past since children came along. I guess when they are in High School we'll be hauling them off the couch.

It's Daniel's birthday in 10 day's time so it's party time again. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but organising kids' parties really stresses me out. I'm a wreck until the whole thing is over. I tried to convince Daniel that a family trip to the aquarium was a great idea, but he didn't fall for it.

All this party stress might account for the dodgey stomach I've had these last few days but I suspect it's rather a bug. Dirk took me to a fancy restaurant for my birthday and half-way through the salad I couldn't eat anymore for fear of a nasty vomiting scene. But Dirk had a large steak with all the trimmings to make up for it.

This is a pic at The Maze of my children playing in the fountain. Now the dilemma as a mother was whether to jump up and scold, or to let them have a bit of fun... it is a kids' play spot, after all... ?
What's with the long hair... cut your hair, Boet!

Wheew, I was getting worried about that bossie-kop.

1 comment:

KJ-Starre said...

I like your new header....been a busy girl? How are the party plans coming along?