Friday, January 25, 2008

Doffie

Ironing wound. Why I avoid ironing.

My town

Genetics: Emma and Daniel have the same goofy camera-smiles.

I hope I'm not the only one, but since I've had kids I've turned into a real doffie. I only found out after my two were born that one should take omega oils while pregnant (Dali, it's not too late!) because the babies use up yours from your brain to develop their brains. Oh, the sacrifices of a mother for her children. Here's me trying to save face in front of a 5 year-old.

While driving...

Daniel: Mom, what's the sky for?
Me (can't remember): Um...um...um... to stop the sun from burning us and to give us air to breathe.
Daniel: Can birds fly higher than aeroplanes?
Me (don't know): No, I don't think so.
Daniel: Why?
Me (don't know): Because their wings aren't strong enough and there's not enough oxygen to breathe up there.
Daniel: Why's there not enough oxygen?
Me (no idea): Because the plants make oxygen and they're all on the ground.
Daniel: OK. [pause] Why are tongues red?
Me (!!!): I don't know.

I would welcome any scientific improvements on the answers. Anyone know why tongues are red?

5 comments:

Dali De Vynck said...

Thanks for the hint, Jeannie, but I think it's too late now. I mean, for this pregnancy, when I remember of course, I'm taking the essencial oils because they come with the folic acid vitamin complex, but I can't guarantee I stil have some brain cells to save!
Here's a website for you: http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/body/tongue_noSW.html
Take care and essential oils!
Dali

Five-Browns said...

I didnt know bout oils either during my pregs. tongues are red cos they have blood in them. satified my 3yr old; not sure about a 5yr old! That ironing wound looks so awful, what on earth did you do!!!

KJ-Starre said...

Flip that burn looks eina!!
Ow,ow ow!! Their questions are tricky sometimes hey? I LOVE your answers~ Classic!!

KJ-Starre said...

You have been tagged...again! I know it gets flippin' irritating...sorry! But I keep getting tagged by other people & I think I shouldn't suffer alone! LOL!

Stefanie said...

Another question to be answered - why is the sky blue? Much more difficult to explain light refraction than blood supply.